An Update on COVID-19
To Our Contact in the Desert Family,
Like so many of you, we are closely following the news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As we navigate this unprecedented time, our commitment to the well-being of our attendees, volunteers, and partners remains steadfast. Your health and safety are our top priority and will continue to remain so.
Contact in the Desert has always strived to be like no other conference, fueled by the power of our relationships with our attendees and our partners and sponsors. You have stood by us in the 8 years we have been doing the show, we know this by the overwhelming number of return participants. We want to make sure that we will continue to focus on protecting this relationship we have with you.
Every day, we are actively following the guidelines established by public health officials, the city of Indian Wells, Riverside County and State of California, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We continue to receive the most up-to-the-minute information and have the following information to share with you:
- At this time, Riverside County is mandating a moratorium on large events through the month of April – based on the ordinances derived from the State of California. Please note, this does not include at this time, any events held at the end of May into June. This may change and the moratorium may be extended. We just don’t know at this moment.
The end of May and June are not included in the moratorium, set by the State of California and Riverside County, and because of this the Renaissance Hotel will not allow us to move the show to 2021 which we have considered, without being in serious breach of our contract and without exacting huge penalties. The Renaissance is, however, taking health remediation steps to help insure the well-being of its guests and we will post them on our website.
Therefore, if there are no constraints for the month of May as set forth by the City of Indian Wells, the County of Riverside, or the State of California (with which the Marriott Hotel Policies must be aligned), CITD 2020 will remain open to guests and continue with the show. HOWEVER, if there is ANY change in government policy, we will be diligently compliant with those officials and public health agencies. Ticket holders will have the option of rolling-over to the next event or in extreme cases a refund. However, this applies only in the case of State, County, or City Moratorium requirements in the month of May.
We still have 2 ½ months before the event, and a lot can happen in that time. And as we continue to monitor the situation, we are prepared to take whatever actions are necessary to help keep our attendees safe and will notify you of any updates or last-minute changes.
As part of our CITD family, YOU are at the center of our purpose: this guides every conversation we have and every decision we make. As circumstances continue to evolve, we remain committed to the safety and well-being of you and your loved ones. We thank you all for your patience and kindness in this matter. Take care of yourself and each other…our CITD family are all in this together.
Victoria Jennings & Paul Andrews